Sunday, April 26, 2009

Addy's Skirt

So I ran across a tutorial on the internet on how to make this skirt. The tutorial was for an adult size and I so wanted to make me one but I have a hard time ripping up my pants for an experiment. Well I decided that I would try it for Addy and because she HATES pants she has a few that are barely worn that are getting to be high waters on her any way so I decided to use those and it would give her yet another skirt. It turned out way cute I love it. We did have an issue because it was Sunday and I wanted her to wear it to church #1 because I had stayed up late last night sewing it #2 I was not going to wait another day for her to wear it, because I am impatient! #3 It was snowing outside and I thought it would be warmer on her legs. #3 really didn't have as much impact on my wanting her to wear it as much as reason #1 and #2. Anyway she refused threw herself on the floor telling me she was not going to wear it she wanted a dress and she didn't want this skirt because it was made out of pants "MOM I HATE PANTS AND THIS SKIRT IS MADE OUT OF PANTS!".......Imagine my frustration!!!!!! So being the smart and cleaver Mom I am I told her that if she wore a dress she would have a pocket to carry her lip gloss. To my suprise it WORKED she wore the skirt had a lip gloss in each pocket and Mom and Daughter were happy going to church!




2 comments:

Willis Family said...

Love this skirt! Good job! That was clever using the whole lip gloss thing.

Jordan Mamma!! said...

The skirt is SO CUTE!!! I want one!! I will bring you my jeans-okay? I am glad that she wore it for you!