Monday, December 14, 2009

Health Update

Good news first!
I went to see the Doctor today for my 30 1/2 week appointment. Our little girl is doing well. Seems to be growing and doing fine heart rate today 144! Wow cannot believe she will be here soon! I lost weight from my last appointment 1/2 pound so that was good news for me so total weight gain has been 4 1/2 pounds. Love it although I told my doctor if I gained the typical 30 lbs I would be a whale! So I am very greatful for just 4 1/2 pounds. Due to that no belly pics cause most of the time you really cannot tell I am pregnant! Good for me I suppose!

On to Ryan, so he has been fighting the cellulitis now since Tuesday last week so 6 days. Nothing is getting better but seems to be staying the same. He has been getting some big dog IV antibiotics once a day. He is on Invanz and Cubicin. We went into Dr. Packer today he is new to us. I have met him in the hospital and have been impressed with him he reminds me a little of our Dr. in Pocatello Dr. Holmstead. So I made an appointment with him and got Ryan in there. I was fairly impressed with him. He stepped into this situation not really knowing where the starting point was but we came up with a game plan. We will now not have to deal with the ER docs at all Dr. Packer will follow all Ryan's IV treatments and will follow the progress. I am so relieved to have some one to go to for questions. Ryan is trying to finish finals and get by until Chirstmas break hopefully that will give him some much needed R&R. Dr. Packer says we could be looking at another 2 weeks of Daily treatments which means no traveling for the holidays bummer. I just pray that everything works out ok and we will get through this.

On to Ryans mother. She is in Surgery for her kidneys as I write this. We hope all goes okay. I hope that she will be able to get past all these Kidney issues and will be able to focus on other things and feel better.

We are hoping that 2010 brings better health for us and a healthy Baby Girl! Still no name yet but we have discussed a few and are narrowing it down.

No comments: