Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just Another Bump in Our Road

Okay so I have decided that Ryan and I if we have luck at all it is always bad luck we just have no good luck! To give an update we have been doing well. I am working at the hospital and doing my photography! Ryan has been going to school in Pocatello 5 days a week! He has had perfect attendance and is doing amazing in his courses! Well Monday night he got home from school 5 minuets prior to me needing to leave for work, he was limping pretty bad and I asked him what he had done. He said nothing that I know of. I thought bull crap you did something but you just won't tell me. So he showed me his leg and it was extremely swollen and warm to the touch. I just wasn't sure what to think. I said well it is either a torn ligament or maybe you have some cellulitis in it, I didn't think of a blood clot. Well I had to get to work so I told him try to make it through the night and I will get you into someone in the morning. He agreed. Well about Midnight I got a call from him and he was almost in tears because of the pain. I have only seen Ryan cry because of pain one other time and that was when he broke is neck. So I knew he hurt. I was busy when he called and I told him to hold on let me think for a minuet and I will call you back. Well he called me back and told me he was coming into the ER. His sister (bless he heart) came in to stay with the kids. I met him in the ER and stayed until they took him to ultrasound. I went back upstairs and waited to hear what was going on. Well come to find out he did not have a blood clot but rather cellulitis in his leg. They kept him until I was off work and was able to take him home. He now is going in for daily IV antibiotics for I am not sure how long but I hope they do the trick. Poor guy just can't catch a break it is the week before finals and he had to miss school for two days. The doctor told him not to go back until he was released from him but Ryan is going to try to go tomorrow so that he has a shot and doing well on his final. I can't say I blame him to much. I just don't understand why this has to happen to us! I know what I am sounding like but gosh can't we get a break! The Lord has blessed us and I know that but I am trying to see the good that will come out of our 2009 events, It is really hard to see the good right now. Anyway keep Ryan in your prayers and I hope he recovers fast!

1 comment:

Jordan Mamma!! said...

Oh, poor guy!! Tell him good luck with the cellulitis and his finals!! Could he get a doctor's note so he could take his finals later?

: )